ApplyBoard is the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, with over 500 employees in 20 countries.
Martin Basiri is the co-founder and CEO of ApplyBoard which has had a truly remarkable journey to date and recently closed its latest round of financing, valuing the company at $1.4 billion.
In this session, Martin shares the secrets and lessons learned from their exponential growth journey. Specifically, we will discuss:
- Coming up with the idea and getting to product-market fit
- Tactics for driving customer acquisition and growth
- Strategies for finding the right key early team members
- Scaling to 500+ employees all around the world without breaking the culture
- Fundraising during a global pandemic and becoming a unicorn
- Navigating the shifts and challenges along the way
Book recommendation – The Score Takes Care of Itself