Today’s most innovative companies will have a media company embedded in them – that’s what HubSpot’s Chief Marketing Officer Kipp Bodnar believes. HubSpot, Salesforce, Amex, Adobe are a few companies that have leveraged this strategy to drive multi-billion dollar outcomes.
Kipp shares advice from HubSpot’s experience building a media arm by leveraging education, content, and advocacy to not only drive awareness but also exponential growth and revenue.
Specifically, Kipp will dive into:
- Why do the most successful companies invest in media
- HubSpot’s core philosophy on owned content and how it has evolved over the years
- Details about HubSpot’s acquisition of The Hustle earlier this year, which includes a newsletter, podcast, and premium research content
- HubSpot’s newly formed Podcast Network
- Key characteristics of a media company
- Where to start if you want to become one
- How to build a strategy that combines education, content, and advocacy
- How to craft your story and amplify it
- How to turn your audience into a community of evangelists
- Tools, resources, and skillsets you need to have