If you want to build a massive business, there are a few better ways than creating a brand new business category – Airbnb, Uber, and Apple are some examples.
In fact, a study by HBR found that the 13 companies in the Fortune 100 that were ‘category kings’ accounted for 53% of incremental revenue growth and owned 76% of the market cap.
Drift’s CMO Tricia Gellman shares how to design a new industry category to dominate your market from her experience leading Drift’s design of the Revenue Acceleration category.
Specifically, Tricia uncovers:
- Why create a new category?
- Category creation framework
- How to validate your new narrative
- How to pick a defining event to launch your new category
- Pre-launch: how to introduce your category to the market
- Launch: rallying your company around a category launch
- Post-launch & final thoughts