What avoidable problem destroys more young startups than any other? Why is it a mistake to ask for introductions to investors? When should you sell?
5X founder/CEO and author of ‘Hot Seat: The Startup CEO Guidebook’, Dan Shapiro has compiled answers to these questions and many more learnings from dozens of startups from the highs of billion-dollar payouts and market-smashing success to the depths of impostor syndrome and bankruptcy.
In this session, Dan shares the 5 phases of a successful startup CEO:
- Founding – how to formulate your idea, allocate equity, and not argue yourself to death
- Funding – the keys to venture capital, angels, and crowdfunding, plus clear advice on which approach to choose
- Leadership – how to build a strategy and culture for your team that will survive good times and bad
- Management – how to manage your board, argue with your team, and play the CEO card
- Endgame – how to finish a company’s existence with grace, wealth, and minimal litigation