It’s 2021 and remote culture is thriving like never before.
With companies like Shopify moving fully remote, distributed engineering teams are becoming a new normal while providing flexibility to employees and delivering faster growth.
Farhan Thawar, VP of Engineering with Shopify understands what it takes to effectively build distributed teams fast while keeping the culture positive.
The result? High-performing engineering teams that build industry-changing software products consistently.
In this session, Farhan shares an inside look on:
- Steps to scaling distributed engineering teams
- How to recruit and keep top talent
- Tips for effective communication in complex distributed teams
- How to implement process while scaling remotely
- Building an internship program to grow talent from within