What is a Telecommunication Network R&D Tax Credit?
The Telecommunication Network R&D Tax Credit is a federal tax credit available to businesses engaged in research and development (R&D) activities related to telecommunication networks. The tax credit is intended to encourage businesses to invest in R&D activities that will lead to the development of new or improved telecommunication technologies.
The tax credit is available for both basic research and applied research expenses. Additionally, the tax credit can be claimed for expenses incurred in designing and testing new or improved telecommunication equipment.
How We Can Help
Companies frequently struggle with tax claims, but with Boast, they can easily recover their cellphone network R&D tax credit. Clients may receive more money back in less time and with fewer audit risks thanks to our software platform and a team of professionals.
Automated R&D Tax Credits for Telecommunication Networks
The Boast platform gathers data from your technical and financial systems to identify and categorize eligible projects, time, and expenses—estimating along the way instead of only at the end—and getting you more money, faster, for less time, and risk.
- Time Tracking
- Audit Evidence
- Tax Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What is the wireless communications tax credit?
Q: How can companies get R&D tax credits for the wireless communications industry?
Q:What are some of the challenges associated with claiming the wireless communications tax credit?
Q: How can businesses maximize their wireless communications tax credit?
Q: How do I know my company is eligible for this tax credit?
- The network must be designed to transmit voice, data, or video information;
- The network must use a wired or wireless medium; and
- The network must be capable of operating at speeds of at least 200 kilobits per second (kbps).
Q:What Makes a Telecommunications Company Eligible to Tax Incentives?
- Making a new or innovative telecommunications service available to the public.
- Providing new production standards and quality assurance processes.
- Improving product quality, safety, and durability.
- Software development for data trafficking and data center management.
- Providing custom communication networks for specific uses and layouts: high-speed data and VoIP
- Developing and implementing plans for physical network and software technologies: unified communication VOIP, core routing and switching, and security solutions
- Designing, analyzing, and testing new network processes, products, and features: LTE, 5G, IMS, and SIP
- Creating new or improved products to optimize the network bandwidth
- Developing manufacturing processes to improve functional integration for mobile computing and media.
Your free 1-hour consultation includes a detailed review of our platform, your projects, processes, and financial data by one of our R&D Tax experts.
Talk to one of our experts to see how outsourcing your R&D tax claims to Boast can get you more money back from the government and help you regain the time you need to run your business.
Fill out the form to schedule your demo.