What are the key traits of billion-dollar startups?
Ali Tamaseb, Partner at Data Collective Venture Capital (DCVC) embarked on a journey to answer that question with real data.
Having spent thousands of hours amassing 30,000 data points, the largest dataset ever collected on startups, comparing billion-dollar successes with those that failed to become one, Ali discovered the secret to unicorns and their Super Founders.
Ali joined us to share his learnings and how you can use them to scale to unicorn status. Specifically, Ali shared:
- The key traits of a Super Founder
- The deliberate ideation process behind successful startups
- 8 ingredients of a unicorn
- Venture capital vs. bootstrapping
- How to be opportunistic to win big
- Why competition is actually good for startups and how to thrive in a competitive environment
- Founder stories & failures you can learn from
Get Ali’s book Super Founders here – all proceeds are going to charity.